Friday 8 April 2016

The Reason Why You Feel Helpless And Paralyzed To Take Your Life Into Your Hands And Get Where You Want To Be


I've been through a lot of changes in past 2 years,my life went from 0 to 100,I moved from
Europe to Africa,I got married,became a mom,faced new,different forms or responsibilities,tapped into new world,new culture,far from everything that was familiar to me.
You would say-all beautiful things,people pray for all that, but the truth is ,every different stage of life brings new things and of course we can't possibly be prepared for all. And yes it happens to everyone to a different extended,we can't know it all even if we think we do,so happens we don't always know how to adapt .


However,at some point,I couldn't keep up,I sinked into a form of depression.

Depression is nasty. Really. I was constantly crying,nothing used to make sense,nothing kept me excited,happy,I felt so lazy to start anything productive considering my life,I lost a will to live and look forward to future,everything seemed so empty and dark.

What did I do?

I started seeing myself as a victim of circumstances and wrong choices I felt I made.
Putting yourself in a role of a victim is very common mechanism of defense we subconsciously develop when we are passing through challenging times and situations that takes more of emotional/physical/mental/intellectual efforts than usual,as we fail to adapt to new circumstances that follows.

Today,by analyzing myself,my thoughts and behavior ,I got to the conclusion of what really kept me paralyzed to move out of this terrible mental state and start seeing and receiving beautiful things that I was surrounded with:

Out of the sudden,it was everybody else's fault,I was blaming people around me for everything that I was going through,for everything I felt I couldn't do,for everything that seemed limited and unavailable for me.

I just decided that I was a helpless victim of other people's actions and decisions and world that is happening so unapologetically around me without waiting for me to come back to my senses.

What exactly made me feel that frozen/paralyzed to shake,move,jump and take my life in my hands?
I just told you- as you accept a role of a victim ,you accept yourself being helpless when it comes to any aspect of your life. Yet,you give power to other people's behavior and actions by truly believing thar they are ones adding to your misery and disaster.

This might also affect people around you in a very bad way:
As soon as you start seeing yourself as a victim,you automatically have an excuse to justify your bad behavior towards people and world around you. You create an excuse,an "explanation",a "reason" for yourself and expect people around you to "buy" it,understand and settle.

And that my friends,make you sink deeper and deeper in places,I'm sure,you don't want to be at.

Self pity leads to frustration,helplessness leads into anger,sadness,aggression or total isolation from the rest of the world. It brings hatred,jealousy,envy into your heart.
This feelings suffocate you,bling you,don't let you breathe. They tie you down and let you rote in your own misery.

Absolutely nothing good can come out of it.
People around you will get tired of your nagging,complains and bad energy you constantly exhale.

But.. Don't blame them.
You became toxic.
No one wants toxic in their system.

That doesn't mean nobody ever truly loved you.
People will love you,care about you,wish you well,but my dear,don't expect anything from anyone.
The truth is,only you can save yourself.
Others can help you with their love and support yes,but moment you understand that the problem is between you and yourself not between you and the rest of the world,you are on the good path.

You certainly can't control the world,but have power in you to filter how world around you will affect you. What really matters is not what you come across,but the way you respond to it.

That is why the only person that can possibly be responsible for what is happening to you is nobody else but - you!

You are one extremely  powerful creature!

7 comments:

  1. You were missed! Thank you so very much for being courageous enough to post such a sensesitive topic.I am going through all sort of things right now and depression being one of them. I thank you for your honesty, and giving me A more positive outlook-you pulled through it and so can I. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also going through depression right now. thinking abt everything u wrote, I really don't wanna be this person I am presently. I want to move forward and make the best out of my life but I lack support and it's kinda making it difficult for me to move ahead. What do I do? Pamelauwafili@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pamela
      In life as human-beings we were made to make our own choices to choose our own path, our own way of living. Through depression the darkness that fills up in our lives can either be a temporary state or a life time in pain and as Sonia says 'blaming others for our misery'. I may not know what you are going through but I know how it feels to be in that state of hopelessness and pain. But what I've learned from this is to first and foremost admit your state you're in which is the little light of strength and will in you, that can -with the right tools - grow the light within you brighter and brighter and get you out of the darkness. By you admitting it already shows the will and strength you've got. Keep moving in that way and things soon enough will turn out the you want it. This quote might say it all: 'I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul'- William Ernest Hensley
      God bless you

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I want to thank you for sharing. This my dear has helped me so much. A lot of positive things are happening in my life. I want to remain positive and self-educate my mind with all great resolutions. Your blog has been another great filter for the information that I seek.😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I want to thank you for sharing. This my dear has helped me so much. A lot of positive things are happening in my life. I want to remain positive and self-educate my mind with all great resolutions. Your blog has been another great filter for the information that I seek.😉

    ReplyDelete